Our Beetle Kill Pine, ‘Quick-Lock’ T&G Micro-Bevel, Wood Flooring Planks have 1/16 inch beveled edges to provide a continuous and tight-fitting appearance that’s super smooth to the touch.
The end-matched, ‘Quick-Lock’ Tongue and Groove (T&G) profile interlocks on ALL 4 edges (2 long sides + 2 short ends) to provide a Quick & Easy, Tight-Fitting, Low-Waste installation that can be Blind Nailed to conceal all fasteners.
Milled from premium-grade, Solid Knotty Beetle Kill Pine (aka Blue Stain Pine) to meet our 99% usable specifications, these planks are available unfinished (raw wood) or factory finished with a hard, satin sheen top coat and UV cured for a super smooth surface with extreme durability.
What is Beetle Kill Pine?
Beetle Kill Pine is the term used for Pine trees killed by the Mountain Pine Beetle. This tiny little beetle has killed over 100 million acres of trees across the U.S. and Canada. They do so by boring into the trees and laying their eggs, which cuts off the flow of nutrients & water to the trees, killing them from the inside out. A fungus from the beetle is introduced into the tree which discolors the wood with a distinct blueish gray tint (which is why it is also commonly referred to as “Blue Pine” or “Blue Stain Pine”). Instead of letting these trees rot on the stump in the forest, we salvage and re-purpose them into the highest quality Ceiling & Wall Planks on the market.
- Ceiling Decor
- Wall Decor (Accent Walls/Wainscoting)
- 100% Salvaged Montana Beetle Kill (aka Blue Stain) Ponderosa Pine
GRADE & QUALITY:
- Cured & Kiln Dried to 6-8% Moisture Content
- Interlocking Tongue and Groove (T&G)
- Relief Kerfs on Back
- 1 x 4 Nominal = 3/4″ x 3-1/2″ Actual
(3-1/4″ Exposure when Interlocked)
- 1 x 6 Nominal = 3/4″ x 5-3/8″ Actual
(5-1/8″ Exposure when Interlocked)
- 1 x 8 Nominal = 3/4″ x 7″ Actual
(6 3/4″ Exposure when Interlocked)
- 100% VOC Free
- Water Based
- Satin Sheen
- Spray Applied in a Dust Free Environment
- Cured with UV Lighting
- 100% Salvaged Wood. LEED eligible based on various criteria including salvaged and locally sourced material
PACKAGING & SHIPPING:
- Palletized for Nationwide Shipment via LTL Freight Carrier
- 200 Sq Ft Minimum Order Requirement
- This is a Natural Wood Product. Color, Texture, and Grain Will Vary from Plank to Plank
Owner and Installer Responsibilities
Wood is a natural material that possesses certain unique characteristics. Our flooring is manufactured in accordance with the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Standard trade practice allows up to 5% margin of error for natural imperfections and manufacturing defects.
The following requirements are the responsibility of the floor’s owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation:
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner must ensure that the work environment and subfloors meet or exceed the minimal specifications.
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner should conduct a final inspection of grade, color, manufacturing, and finish quality of planks to ensure that the floor conforms to the purchased product.
- During installation, the installer should not use any planks that raise doubts about the grade, color, manufacturing quality or finish. Tilton Coffered Ceilings, Inc. will replace only defective boards, not exceeding the 5% margin of error allowed by industry standards.
- Tilton Coffered Ceilings, Inc. shall in no case be liable of installer’s lack of judgment or poor quality of installation.
- Once installed, all boards are considered as having been accepted by the installer and owner, even if owner is absent at time of installation.
Exclusions Due to Certain Inherent Properties of Wood
Wood expands and contracts according to variations in humidity. Even if flooring is properly installed, narrow gaps and slight distortions can occur. Moreover, exposure to light alters the color of all wood species. Areas covered with area rugs, furniture, construction paper, and any other light blocking objects will result in color variations.
Exclusive Provision for All of Our Wood Flooring Products
Our wood flooring is designed and manufactured for a rustic appeal. Appearance of certain characteristics visible at the time of purchase or developing over time, including but not limited to, the following:
- Pronounced Color Variations
- Color Fading
- Mineral Streaks
- Open and Closed Knots
- Bug Holes
- Cracks and Splits
- Partial or Irregular Milling of Plank Edges
- Localized Variable Thickness
- Subsidence of Character Traits
- Separation within Character Traits
- Elevation of Some Character Traits, Which Become More Prominent
- Localized Deterioration of Finish Near Character Traits
These characteristics are considered normal for our wood flooring products.
The chart below shows the Finishes, Textures & Colors that our Beetle Kill Pine T&G Wood Flooring Planks are available in. (Click Any Image to Enlarge)
Get a Sample
Order a sample of this product via one of the following links:
T&G Shiplap Beetle Kill Pine Ceiling & Wall Planks Gallery