SHIPPING METHODS & PROCEDURES
HOW WE GET IT TO YOU
Upon completion of the manufacturing process each Tilton Coffered Ceilings order is carefully packaged and/or crated and shipped via parcel or common carrier (LTL) freight to its final destination.
RECEIVING YOUR SHIPMENT
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. Once your order leaves our manufacturing facility we will send you an ‘Order Has Shipped’ notice via e-mail and provide you with the carrier’s shipment tracking information and website address so that you can check the transit status of your order and make any necessary arrangements to receive the shipment.
2. When the shipment reaches your local delivering terminal the carrier’s dispatch manager will contact you directly by phone to schedule the day and time-frame for delivery to you.
3. You will need to have able-bodied people (at least 2) and some way to unpack, unload and move the shipment from the curb to your job-site or home at the time of delivery. This service is not included unless prior arrangements are made. Order contents can be carried piece-by-piece from the curb after opening the packaging for the visual inspection required at the time of the delivery.
4. Unless the delivery address has a loading dock with a pallet-jack or fork-lift you will need to be prepared and physically able to do the following to facilitate unloading your shipment:
A) Open the shipment packaging (i.e. boxes, crates and pallets) while they are still on the truck and unpack their contents
Tools You Will Need to Have on Hand to Unpack Your Order:
– Cordless Drill (with #2 square & #2 Phillips bits)
– Utility Knife
B) Unload the shipment contents from the truck in a manageable manner (i.e. take a single large component or a stack of smaller components off at a time)
C) Inspect the shipment contents as you unload them and point out any noticeable damage or missing parts/components to the truck driver
D) Once all of the shipment contents have been unloaded remove all of the shipment packaging from the truck (i.e. pallets, crating plywood, strapping, shrinkwrap etc.)
E) Take pictures of and make notations on the delivery ticket of any damage you may have discovered or of contents that may appear to be missing
5. Any and all damage and/or missing part/component claims must be reported to Tilton Coffered Ceilings within five (5) business days of receipt of shipment.
Tilton Coffered Ceilings Can Help You with All of Your Coffered Ceiling Ideas. Contact Us Today!
Our Box Beam Ceiling Panel Systems are designed by and for the PROs, yet easy enough for DIYers to order and install