SHIPPING METHODS & PROCEDURES
How We Get It To You
Upon completion of the manufacturing process every Tilton Coffered Ceiling System is carefully packaged as described below and shipped via common carrier LTL freight to its final destination. Once your order leaves our facility the freight carrier’s name and shipment tracking number will be provided to you via email and the carrier will contact you directly to schedule the day and time for the local delivery to your project location.
Most Orders Are Packaged As Follows:
1. Coffer Module Crate(s)
All coffer modules are palatalized on one or more custom sized pallets (depending on the total quantity and depth of coffers) and fully enclosed on all four sides and top with 1/2″ chipboard plywood to create a very durable crate to help avoid damage in transit.
2. Additional Material Crate
All additional materials (i.e. Beam Bottom Boards, Perimeter Moldings, Hardware etc.) are palatalized in full 16′ lengths on a single long pallet and fully enclosed on all four sides and top with 1/2″ chipboard plywood to create a very durable crate to help avoid damage in transit.
RECEIVING YOUR SHIPMENT
What You Need to Know
1. Once your order leaves our manufacturing facility you will be notified and provided with tracking information for your shipment.
2. When the shipment reaches the local delivering terminal the carrier will contact you directly by phone to schedule a day and time to make the delivery to your project location.
3. You will need to have at least two (2) people available to receive the delivery who are capable of unpacking and unloading the shipment contents from the delivery truck.
4. Unless the delivery address has a loading dock with a pallet-jack or fork-lift you will need to be prepared and physically able to do the following to facilitate unloading your shipment:
A) Open the shipment packaging (i.e. crate and pallets) while they are still on the truck and unpack the contents
Tools You Will Need to Unpack Your Shipment:
– Cordless Drill (with #2 square & #2 phillips bits)
– Utility Knife
B) Unload the shipment contents from the truck in a manageable manner (i.e. take a single Coffer Module or a small stack of loose materials off at a time)
C) Inspect the shipment contents as you unload them and point out any noticeable damage or missing parts/components to the truck driver
D) Once all of the shipment contents have been unloaded remove all of the shipment packaging from the truck (i.e. pallets, crating plywood, strapping etc.)
E) Take pictures of and make notations on the delivery ticket of any damage discovered or contents that may appear to be missing
5. Any and all damage and/or missing part/component claims must be reported to Tilton Coffered Ceilings within 5 business days of receipt of shipment.
Tilton Coffered Ceilings Can Help You with All of Your Coffered Ceiling Ideas. Contact Us Today!
Our Box Beam Ceiling Panel Systems are designed by and for the PROs, yet easy enough for DIYers to order and install