FREE SHIPPING! Our Pre-Finished, Live Sawn, Wide Plank Hickory, Engineered Wood Flooring has 1/16 inch beveled edges to provide a continuous and tight-fitting appearance that’s super smooth to the touch.
The end-matched, ‘Quick-Lock’ Tongue and Groove (T&G) profile interlocks on ALL 4 edges (2 long sides + 2 short ends) to provide a Quick & Easy, Tight-Fitting, Low-Waste installation that can be Blind Nailed to conceal all fasteners.
Milled from premium-grade materials to meet our 99% usable specifications, voids in the solid wood wear layer are epoxy filled before each plank is factory finished with a hard, matte sheen top coat and UV cured for extreme durability.
What is Engineered Wood Flooring?
The term “engineered flooring” refers to floor planks manufactured with a layered construction of a high-quality hardwood face bonded to a foundation of cross-layered plywood. This arrangement causes any expansion and contraction to counter one another thus limiting or reducing the amount of cupping and/or crowning a floor can exhibit when exposed to differing levels of temperature and humidity.
What are the Benefits of Engineered Wood Flooring?
All solid hardwood flooring is hygroscopic and responds to changes in the home environment — expanding and contracting a bit when the temperature and humidity fluctuates. However, an engineered hardwood floor’s stratified or cross-layered construction makes it much more dimensionally stable. The flooring is therefore more resistant to environmental change and a safer choice when installing in more extreme climates or in rooms with more moisture like bathrooms and basements.
This resilience also allows for an easier installation, as planks require less time to acclimate than solid hardwood — only one to two days vs. the five day minimum for solids. A shortened wait time means planks can be laid down sooner, and the space can be back up and running in less time. Saved hours translates to saved dollars in terms of labor and operating costs for commercial spaces.
Engineered planks also tend to be all-around easier to work with than solid wood. A thinner top wear layer allows for longer, wider planks that install in less time and can be floated, glued, or nailed-down.
Because engineered flooring uses less of the prime hardwood, it is frequently a more sustainable and eco-friendly option than solid wood planks. The plywood core of engineered planks are made of a fast-growing timbers, which are rapidly renewable.
What Does Live Sawn Mean?
Live Sawing is an old-world milling technique and the most effective approach of sawing lumber because it utilizes the whole log. Though the technique is quite basic, it leaves unique marks that bring out exceptional character in the wood. Unlike the typical grain patterns that conventional plain sawn milling provides, the live sawn process yields a vast array of grains from all of the different cutting methods (plain sawn, rift sawn, and quarter sawn). Live Sawn flooring is the best option for those who want beautiful floors and rustic character economically.
- Ceiling Decor
- Wall Decor (Accent Walls/Wainscoting)
- Engineered with 1/4″ (6mm) Solid Wood Wear Layer over 1/2″ Birch Plywood
GRADE & QUALITY:
- Epoxy Filled Voids
- 99% Usable
- Cured & Kiln Dried to 6-8% Moisture Content
- Interlocking Tongue & Groove (T&G)
- ‘Quick-Lock’ End-Matched
- Relief Kerfs on Back
- 1 x 8 Nominal = 3/4″ x 7-1/4″ Actual
(7″ Exposure when Interlocked)
- 100% VOC Free
- Water Based
- Matte Sheen
- Spray Applied in a Dust Free Environment
- Cured with UV Lighting
PACKAGING & SHIPPING:
- 18 Sq Ft Per Box
- 212 Sq Ft Minimum Order Requirement (12 Boxes)
- Palletized for Nationwide Shipment via LTL Freight Carrier
- This is a Natural Wood Product. Color, Texture, and Grain Will Vary from Plank to Plank
Owner and Installer Responsibilities
Wood is a natural material that possesses certain unique characteristics. Our flooring is manufactured in accordance with the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. Standard trade practice allows up to 5% margin of error for natural imperfections and manufacturing defects.
The following requirements are the responsibility of the floor’s owner, even if the owner is absent at the time of installation:
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner must ensure that the work environment and subfloors meet or exceed specifications.
- Prior to installation, the installer and owner should conduct a final inspection of grade, color, manufacturing, and finish quality of planks to ensure that the floor conforms to the purchased product.
- During installation, the installer should not use any planks that raise doubts about the grade, color, manufacturing quality or finish. Tilton Coffered Ceilings, Inc. will replace only defective boards, not exceeding the 5% margin of error allowed by industry standards.
- Tilton Coffered Ceilings, Inc. shall in no case be liable of installer’s lack of judgment or poor quality of installation.
- Once installed, all boards are considered as having been accepted by the installer and owner, even if owner is absent at time of installation.
Exclusions Due to Certain Inherent Properties of Wood
Wood expands and contracts according to variations in humidity. Even if flooring is properly installed, narrow gaps and slight distortions can occur. Moreover, exposure to light alters the color of all wood species. Areas covered with area rugs, furniture, construction paper, and any other light blocking objects will result in color variations.
Exclusive Provision for All of Our Wood Flooring Products
Our wood flooring is designed and manufactured for a rustic appeal. Appearance of certain characteristics visible at the time of purchase or developing over time, including but not limited to, the following:
- Pronounced Color Variations
- Color Fading
- Mineral Streaks
- Open and Closed Knots
- Bug Holes
- Cracks and Splits
- Partial or Irregular Milling of Plank Edges
- Localized Variable Thickness
- Subsidence of Character Traits
- Separation within Character Traits
- Elevation of Some Character Traits, Which Become More Prominent
- Localized Deterioration of Finish Near Character Traits
These characteristics are considered normal for our wood flooring products.
Get a Sample
Order a sample of this product via the following link:
Wood Flooring Planks – WHITE OAK – SAMPLE KIT